Vidste du mange menneskelige Foods og krydderier er ikke sikkert for din tyske Shepherd, Eller Enhver hunderace?
Many people spoil their pets and cannot resist the begging puppy dog eyes.
I know I have been a sucker to those sweet pleading eyes more than once. However as much as we all love our pets there are many common foods, spices, etc. that we humans eat that can be deadly to our beloved German Shepherds eller en hund for den sags skyld, and many may surprise you.
Please be aware that the list below was compiled by using many different online sources, and not all of the these sources are in complete agreement with one another.
Lad dette være en generel guideline for you follow, og altid få udtalelse fra din veterinarian.
If your dog does happen to eat any of the following then call your veterinarian immediately.
1. Chokolade. It contains theobromine a chemical that is toxic to dogs.
2. Koffein. This chemical is found in coffee, tea, and most soft drinks.
3. avocadoer. Every part of an avocado is known to be toxic including the leaves and bark from the tree itself.
4. Druer og rosiner. It is unknown why this is toxic to dogs, but it will cause sudden kidney failure in dogs if ingested.
5. Hvidløg. (I get questions on this one often. Just Click Here to go directly to Poison Control to see why it is dangerous for dogs.
6. Løg. Onions contain an ingredient called thiosulphate which is toxic to cats and dogs. The ingestion of onions causes a condition called hemolytic anemia, which is characterized by damage to the red blood cells.
7. Valnødder eller Macadamia Nødder.
8. Gum, Candy, Mints, Toothpaste, and Mouthwash. These things are toxic due to the fact that they contain Xylitol which is a sweetener that causes a sudden release of insulin that causes liver failure in dogs.
9. Alkohol. Alcoholic beverages can be deadly to your dog especially depending on the size of the dog.
10. Apple Frø. Æblet selv er sikker, Det er kun de frø, der er giftige.
11. Abrikos Pits.
12. Cherry Pits.
13. Visse Svampe, so it’s best to stay away from all mushrooms.
15. Peach Pits.
16. Kartoffel blade og stængler.
17. Rabarber og Blade.
18. Salt. (I get questions on this one often. Just Click Here to go directly to Poison Control to see why it is dangerous for dogs.)
19. Tomater herunder Blade og Stem.
20. Mælk og andre mejeriprodukter. Dogs are lactose intolerant, so they don’t have the necessary enzymes to digest dairy foods.
29. Citrus olie ekstrakter.
30. Majs på kolber. Corn er faktisk fint, but the cob, does not digest and can cause a blockage in the intestines.
Again, please be aware this may not be a full comprehensive list so always check with your veterinarian before you feed your pet any human food to make sure it is safe for them.
For more great information regarding GSD’s, check out the rest of my German Shepherd Blog.
Også hvis du elsker den tyske Shepherd Race skal du tjekke ud og “Like” min Facebook-side German Shepherd Dog Fans where you can post and share photos and stories of your German Shepherds.